Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year, New You?

Hello everybody! With the New Year coming up fast I thought I might take a little time out to talk about changes. As some of my closest friends and family can tell you, change has always been one of my biggest fears. During high school I would suffer from anxiety every time a new school year would start, and to this day the thought of any big changes in my life, such as moving or breaking up with someone, makes me feel sick. But there is hope! Now that I've realized that change is my Achilles heel I have started taking steps to get through it. By over-preparing for upcoming changes I feel more confident going into them, as well as trying to push myself to try new things each day so that I never let myself get too comfortable in a single routine.

So, my New Year's resolution this year is to embrace change. And my first step in this journey is by getting my hair cut! What better way of embracing a new you than by changing up your hairstyle or color? My appointment is for tomorrow, and sadly I don't have a set plan just yet. So far the only hair cut that I've been really inspired by is Elle Fanning's cut seen below.

I don't quite have the length yet, but I think it would be a cute cut to grow in to. And as far as color goes I've always wanted the color hair Rachel McAdams has in The Notebook. 


The only thing is that I've never colored my hair! So that's a super-duper major change.. Oh yeah, I'm embracing change now. What have I gotten myself into? 

So what's your New Year's Resolution and how do you deal with change? 

-E

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment :) Embracing change sounds like a great resolution. You don't have to color your hair to get a different look :) Have you considered getting bangs if you don't already have them? You could ask your stylist what options they have if you want minimal impact on your hair. Keep in mind that if your hair's dark like mine you'd have to bleach it for you to get color in. ^-^

    You've got a great blog!

    teaandbubbly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melody! Thanks for the tips and comment :) I hadn't even thought about if my hair would be too dark to take the color!

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post :)

    You have a nice blog. Follow mine?

    All you have to do is...
    1) Follow me (via Google Friend Connect)
    2) Comment on any of my posts to let me know you’re following.
    Afterwards, I’ll be sure to follow you back!

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete