Monday, December 5, 2011

Why Netflix is Evil and Nikita is Awesome

My family has had a Netflix account for some time now and I am completely and utterly addicted to the instant movies and television shows. But Netflix is not all rainbows and sunshine. Oh no! It will consume your life! Within this last week I have spent about 16 hours watching an entire season of a show that I am loving right now! It's called Nikita and it's the best spy T.V. show I have ever seen. EVER.

Nikita was trained to be an assassin/spy by a covert agency of the government called Division that has now gone rogue. She escaped and is now trying to take down Division, "one mission at a time". Sure, the idea behind it is nothing new but the plot and characters are. Unlike most Bond or other spy type women, Nikita is not always seen in sky high heels or short mini skirts. Instead, she is comfortable and practical (But always sexy!) in dark, sleek clothes and boots. She is more often seen in long sleeves and jeans than a cocktail dress. But when she does have to dress up, it is always to the nines! Nikita is such a role model for women and teen girls, not only with her fashion but also because of how she is strong in the face of adversity, sticks up for what she believes in, and always helps out those in need. As you could probably tell, I would recommend this show to my friends (and I have!).

No comments:

Post a Comment