Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to School Time!!

Hello everybody! I just moved into my dorm room on Thursday and already life is getting pretty chaotic. Tomorrow is the first day of classes and, I have to say, I'm feeling pretty anxious about everything. It's been about a year and a half since I've been in college and most of my old friends from Freshman year have either moved on to another school or I just haven't kept in touch like I should have. So, it feels almost like I'm starting completely over, even though I'm going back to the same college I left. Luckily, I've been placed on a very outgoing and friendly hall, and I really like all the girls that I will be living with. I've also gotten to know a few of the exchange students and I hope that we can all be great friends!

My dorm is coming together, slowly but surely. It's still not ready for it's debut on Ragamuffin, because I'm still missing my futon, hanging lights, and just a few other nick-knacks. I have to say though that living in a single room is a big adjustment from living with a roommate. I find myself both loving it and hating it, at the same time. I love the size of my room! I can workout without worrying about hitting my head and also it's the perfect size for game nights. But, I have to get used to being alone for the majority of the time that I'm in my room and I don't have an "automatic" friend. During the day I've started propping my door open so that I can at least say hi to anyone that might pass by. But even with the door open, I end up getting lonely fairly quickly.  I would highly suggest to any graduating high school students that will be living in dorms next semester to have a roommate, simply because then you have at least one person to feel connected to in what can feel like a sea of strangers.

Well, wish me luck for my classes tomorrow! My first one starts at 8 AM. That would usually be bad enough, but it's also a math class (mortal enemy!). I hope everyone else who is starting back at college/university/high school has a wonderful and productive semester!

-E

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!! The new semester is starting for me next week. I'm not too excited :D The first few weeks of school are always the most stressful.

    teaandbubbly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete